Frequently, friends and people who know I’m raising support ask me how its going. My standard answer is, “Slower than I’d like.” I have my brochure, MTW prayer card, and a business card. I am learning how to organize contacts and follow up with people. I’ve taken two weekend trips to share the ministry with good friends in other cities, and I’m beginning to schedule appointments with people here in Chattanooga. I’m also still working full-time with my other job, and sometimes its hard to make time in the evenings for the work of support raising.
This past Sunday morning I enjoyed taking 15 minutes to tell about 45 to 50 people in the adult Teaching Group at my church about the ministry in Kiev, and about my calling and desire to serve there. I had a few brief, encouraging conversations with people after the class ended. Then last night after meeting friends for weekly 75-cent tacos, one of my friends told me he and his wife intent to support me once they complete some longer-term budgeting. God continues to surprise me with unsought encouragement.
Please pray for me. I need:
- Diligence to keep building momentum in sharing the ministry in Kiev with people.
- Clarity as I communicate the ministry in Kiev.
- Boldness when I ask people to support me with finances and prayer.
- God to move people’s hearts to give to his work in Kiev.
- Thank the Lord with me for his steadfast love and grace!